* 2 chunky monkfish fillets.
* 150g Risotto Rice
* Fresh bunch of asparagus (Aldi & Lidl do great Asparagus for half the cost of other supermarkets)
* 1 red onion
* 1 stick of celery
* 2 heaped spoons of green pesto (also, a great buy in Aldi)
* Parmesan Cheese (25g)
* 1 knob of better (non salted if possible)
* 400ml Vegetable Stock
* 1 medium bunch of fresh basil
* 100ml of white wine
* 1 Lemon
* Olive oil
* Peel onion & trim celery then finely chop both.
* Add some butter to a hot pan and add onion & celery & a splash of water. Cook over a low heat for 5 minutes until softened.
* Meanwhile….bring stock to the boil and turn to a low heat.
* Snap woody bases off asparagus & add these to the stock.
* Slice remaining asparagus into chunks leaving the tops whole. Put to one side.
* Chop monkfish fillets into bite-size chunks.
* Finely grate Parmesan.
* Once vegetables are very soft (not brown) add risotto rice to pan.
* Stir & fry rice for a minute until it becomes translucent Add the wine then keep stirring until all the wine is absorbed by the rice.
* Turn the heat under the rice up to medium & add a ladle of stock (avoiding the asparagus stalks which are to add flavour only & not to be eaten).
* Stir rice constantly & continue adding stock one ladle at time waiting until all the liquid is absorbed before adding the next. Continue until 2/3 of the stock is used.
* Once 2/3 of stock is used add chunks of monkfish and Asparagus. Keep adding stock until the rice is nice and oozy. If you run out of stock, use boiling water.
* Take pan of risotto & stir in knob of butter, one heaped spoon of pesto & half the parmesan. Cut lemon in half and squeeze in juice.
* Taste risotto & season with salt & pepper is necessary.
* Serve with a scoop of pesto on top and a sprinkle of remaining parmesan.
Recipe inspired by Jamie Oliver via Jamie Oliver’s 20 Minute Meal Iphone App